Date:      Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:22:33 -0700
From:      Jo Rhett <jrhett@netconsonance.com>
To:        Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: challenge: end of life for 6.2 is premature with buggy 6.3

On Jun 4, 2008, at 5:48 PM, Max Laier wrote:
> Because the people who support FreeBSD 6.2 are also knee-deep in major
> projects of their own!?  We try try to not introduce regressions as we
> move forward supporting new features and hardware, but unless people
> put
> in some effort of their own helping us to test ...
>
> You obviously did not put in any effort of your own so why would you
> expect us to do the work for you?  Unless you can provide "*EXACT*"
> bug
> reports and show willingness to help debugging them, there really is
> not
> much point in this thread.

The bugs in question were very well documented.  None of them were in
a state indicating that the developer could not reproduce nor were
they waiting for more info.    Given that situation, I didn't see a
need to add more to a known problem.

*IF* any of them had been looking for test cases, I would have been
happy to build a test system and turn it over to the developer in
question.  We do that fairly routinely.

And please stop with the loaded language.  I'm not asking anyone to
work for me.  I am suggesting that it is perhaps too early to EoL 6.2
because 6.3 isn't ready yet.

--
Jo Rhett
and other randomness