Date:      Sun, 08 Dec 2002 19:44:06 -0800
From:      oliver <opml@terraflux.com>
To:        "Schroeder, Aaron" <ajschroeder@butler.tmscomputers.com>, Sten <sten@blinkenlights.nl>
Cc:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: AlphaServer1200 (5305), FBSD4.7 and Symbios53C875

AJ,

I just tried the FreeBSD 5.0 DP2, and the system loaded but did not
recognize the 53C875. At least it didn't stall during boot. Still, why is
this stuff in the hardware compatibility listings? There must be a tweak or
setting.

The hardware listing mentions specifically "Tincup" (AS 1200), and the
Symbios 53C875.

Cheers,
Oliver