Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 2004 13:00:43 -0800
From:      "whitevamp" <whitevamp47@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   no internet after build world-kern install

I have done a  buildworld from 4.9 to 5.3 and also installed a new =
custom kernel and after all whent ok i rebooted the box and goto ping =
yahoo.com and i cant get out , and i also tryed pinging my outhere ip =
address and nothing on eathere one it just say destination unreachable. =
so i whent back and rebuilt a new kern with all defaults execpt i added=20
options          IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
and i still cant ping out . i have checked to see if the net card was up =
, if i do a ifconfig it shows it as active there,  i have whent into =
rc.conf and removed out my firewal script that i did have running , =
still nuthilg, and durring boot its showing my net card there
so what would be causeing this?  if you need more info just let me know =

ohh and yea i do have a ip assigned to my net card IE:65.102.x.x
and thanks inadvance for any help that you can give me on this.