Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 2004 07:04:26 -0700
From:      "David S. Besade" <webmaster@machowto.com>
To:        Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Problems Installing FreeBSD-PPC

on 3/16/04 6:54 AM, Peter Grehan at grehan@freebsd.org wrote:

>> Yeah its Apple21143. Let me know when I can get the new kernel.
>
> Try www.freebsd.org/~grehan/kernel.dc
>
> There may be an issue with PCI ID matching, but that should
> be easy to fix.
>
> later,
>
> Peter.

Hey Peter,

Okay tried that new kernel in my setup and all. Thought you might like to
know that I finally got DHCPD, TFTP and NFS all running off my Mac, properly
it seems, the DHCPD is finally sending all the BOOTP info. Anyway the
results end up the same. In the open firmware prompt I do this:

Boot enet:,loader

(the load comes up, says it can't find/load the kernel)
I type (at the loader prompt)

Load kernel/kernel.dc

(it loads with minimal coaxing)
After this I finally boot the kernel:

Boot -s

Okay and then the kernel comes up, black screen, white text, everything
seems to be going well, then I get to the <mountroot> prompt, type nfs, I
get this error (with your kernel Peter)

mountroot> nfs
Mounting root from nfs
nfs_diskless: no interface
Root mount failed: -1

I get that error with the kernel.dc and the kernel from the
ppc-root-latest.tbz2.

Welp what next?

~Dave