Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:30:21 -0600
From:      "Hudson, Henrik H." <hhudson@eschelon.com>
To:        "'freebsd-isp@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mail Server with LDAP?

Hello List-

So, I want to get a mail server running that will do user auth via a LDAP
server which will allow me get around the problem of A)Creating local user
accounts and B) having the user at one domain not be able to have the same
name as a user at another domain. or would a MySQL server work better?
safer? easier?

The POP server to handle this? QPopper works via a PAM module and LDAP, I
think? What else?

Then we need a SMTP server to handle deliveries. Will sendmail do this?
NOTE: Please don't get into a security argument on this one :)

Need an IMAP server too.

Point me to a website with docs, etc... and I will be happy to read it :) I
was paging through the openldap.org site. Looks promising...

The ultimate goal is to do the above, have a webmail interface to it all and
not have local user accounts. Should I say screw it and go buy something
like Communigate Pro? or tinker with it? I was looking at Critical Path
stuff, but Solaris or Windoze only.

Enlighten me people :)

Thanks!

Henrik
---
Henrik Hudson

Microsoft: "Where would you like to go to today"
Linux: "Where would you like to go tomorrow"
FreeBSD: "Hey, when are you guys going to catch up"