Date:      Sat, 18 Jul 2020 12:50:36 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT: support for multicore javac?

On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 at 12:31, Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com> wro=
te:
>> I'm building eclipse, and invocations to javac seem to spread across
>> multiple cores when building with multiple threads using openjdk11; at
>> least that's what "top -H" tells me. I don't see what smart-javac
>> brings to the table.
>
> I don't use eclipse or any IDE and many people other users don't also.   =
All this is done by eclipse not the command line tools and people who work =
with them need good support for them (see the README in sjavac...  https://=
github.com/weetmuts/sjavac ... as to the reasons for not using an IDE see h=
ttps://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=3D31816+0+current/freebsd-ques=
tions

My statement should be re-phrased as: When I'm building the eclipse
port from the command line, with maven, each javac invocation spreads
the work over multiple cores. You can easily view this with "top -H".

Cheers.
--=20
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>