Date:      Sat, 17 May 2003 17:27:23 +0200
From:      "Patrick Bihan-Faou" <patrick@mindstep.com>
To:        <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Sybase 12.5 for Linux

Hi,

I am trying to get Sybase 12.5 running on a FreeBSD 4.8 system. I know that
there is a port for Sybase, but it is based on a version that is not
available any longer (or at least it seems to be unavalable).

So far, I have been able to start the license manager and to run the asecfg
utility (the tool to create new databases). However for some reason it goes
into an infinite loop while creating the master database, eating all of the
CPU and not doing anything...

Has anybody managed to go any further than that ? If not, I would be
perfectly happy running version 11 of Sybase, however I don't know where to
find the rpm files needed for that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Patrick.