Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 2009 14:29:38 -0700
From:      Brian Gardner <brian@getsnappy.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   openjdk6 b17

Hi everybody,
I've completed the port of openjdk6 from b16 to b17.  I've blogged
about the upgrade here:
http://www.getsnappy.com/tech-blog/freebsd-tips-tricks/upgrading-freebsd-port-javaopenjdk6-from-b16-to-b17/

You can download this port and test it before it is committed from:
http://www.getsnappy.com/downloads/openjdk6-b17.tar.gz

To install the port:

cd /usr/ports/java
tar -xjf <path_to_tar_bundle>/openjdk6-b17.tar.gz
cd openjdk6-b17
make
I haven't done any testing yet and before I commit I would like to
address the existing issue with poor font quality.

Please leave good or bad comments about your experience with the
preliminary build on this mailing list or my blog, so we can speed the
process of committing a more stable and up-to-date version of Java for
FreeBSD.

Cheers!

Brian Gardner

Brian Gardner | President + CEO