Date:      Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:01:12 -0000
From:      "InvictaNet Customer Support" <support@invictanet.co.uk>
To:        "Freebsd-ISP" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: sendmail 8.11.1 and cyrus sasl

I am slowly getting somewhere with my "AUTH" problem. I have now discovered
that it is a method thing.

Using Eudora as the client, the AUTH works fine so it is b....y Microsoft
that is causing the problem. PLAIN seems to be working ok, it is LOGIN that
is not available.

The list of clients by Alexey Melnikov.
http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/mel/SASL_ClientRef.html  shows that
Outlook only supports LOGIN (from my list of availables).

Any suggestions??

I will also post this to comp.mail.sendmail

Martyn Routley
InvictaNet - The Internet in Plain English, Guaranteed
http://www.invictanet.co.uk
mailto:info@invictanet.co.uk
phone: 0870 7402252
fax: +44 (0)1233 334001