Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 1996 01:11:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ryan M Snedegar <ramses@lithium.cdrom.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel EE16 prbolems

I just installed FreeBSD 2.1 (cd version) onto a workstation with an
intel ether express 16 card.  However, when it boots, i get one of two
contiually recurring comments--
ix.cx.excesscoll
 or
ix.cx.heartbeatix.cx.excesscoll

I would guess that this message means something about either the cable
being bad, or the card not being set up right.  I have replaced the
cable, and still get the messages.  I also checked the configuration, and
reset it (using softset, booted from a dos floppy), and they appear to be
correct.  Am I missing something here?  The sysconfig file lists the card
under network devices with the correct IP (192.216.222.213), and when
FreeBSD boots the card is recognized.  I once saw a message that said
"ixintr without init" or something along those lines...  if you can
provide any information, or tell me that i am missing something, I would
appreciate it greatly.

** Ryan             |       E-mail:     ramses@lithium.cdrom.com  **
**  Snedegar        |    Home Page: http://ccnet.ccnet.com/~ares  **