Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 13:59:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Version Resolution?

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Nate Williams wrote:

> > >Richard Wackerbath came up with a solution to it, but he fell off the
> > >face of the earth before it got completed. ;(

I thought Rodney Grimes offered some code as well?

Anyway, here's what uname -r does for me right now:

2.2.5-STABLE-971118

Perhaps it would be better if it just said 2.2.5-971118.  However, the
date should somehow or other come with the sources and identify the
build as based on sources as of a particular date (with time if
necessary).  At least that's how it seems to me.

Annelise