Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 1998 21:14:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Andrews <mandrews@termfrost.org>
To:        Mike Harshbarger <mharsh@fsr.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Leftover qpopper drop files

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Mike Harshbarger wrote:

> I've recently moved my mail server from a Solaris x86 platform over to
> FreeBSD. I *love* the performance improvement, but I've run into an
> irritating qpopper problem. As a friend put it: "Oh, you've got the new
> qpopperdropper!" :)
[munch]

> I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem, or if I've caused it
> with a compile-time option or an ignorant filesystem choice. Right now,
> /var/mail is a symlink pointing at a directory in a ccd array mounted with
> the 'noatime' option. (noatime is a holdover when I was experimenting with
> inn on this ccd, and I'm thinking I should get rid of it)

It's a compile option, not the OS...  I think SERVER_MODE is the name of
it.  Check the qpopper docs.  The port for FreeBSD defines it by default,
and the package you had for Solaris probably didn't.

Mike Andrews (MA12) icq 6602506  --------------  mandrews@termfrost.org
VP 'n' Systems/Network Administrator  ---------------  mandrews@dcr.net
Digital Crescent, Frankfort, KY  -----------  http://www.termfrost.org/
# view;touch;unzip;finger;mount;mv;mv;mv;yes;mv;yes;mv;yes;umount;sleep