Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:06:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        mpd <mpd6334@cs.rit.edu>
Cc:        "E. J. Cerejo" <ejcerejo@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cleaning Up After Make World?

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, mpd wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 03:14:41PM -0500, E. J. Cerejo wrote:
> > I just finished Make World and it looks like everything went smooth but
> > I noticed I had 1.1 GB of free space before I started Make World and now
> >
> > I have 750 MB!  Should I run '/usr/src/make clean' to clean up the extra
> >
> > stuff  or will it  get rid of my newly updated sources?
>
> You can just rm -rf /usr/src/obj if you don't need any of that
> anymore.

Or rather rm -rf /usr/obj, which is where your 300+ MB of stuff
that got built was put by buildworld.

	Annelise

P.S. You probably don't want to delete /usr/src if you want to do
another buildworld without getting all the sources; and /usr/src/sys
contains your kernel config file if you've edited the default
GENERIC and the kernel sources (in case you want to build a
custom kernel now or later).

--
Annelise Anderson
Author of: 		 FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your PC