Date:      Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:22:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Marc Evans <marc@destek.net>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   WebTrends on FreeBSD 4.1 (Linux Emulation)

Hello -

I am desperately in need of getting WebTrends for Linux operational on
FreeBSD 4.1. In tryin to run the daemons I am finding that they are
failing the Linux Emulation code with this:

	/kernel: linux: syscall rt_sigtimedwait is obsoleted or not implemented

Sure enough, looking through the kernel code I see that the syscall is in
the linux_dummy.c file. Scouring around a bit more I also see that the
same decision was made in the SVR4 emulation.

I have done some searches on the prior e-mail on the lists and I am not
finding any discussion about 1) Is there a good workaround? 2) What was
the basis of decision resulting in some syscalls not being implemented?

I am considering trying to implement the function, but if there is already
a good workaround then please let me know. Also, if there is good reason
not to bother trying to implement this, I would really appreciate
knowing...

Thanks in advance - Marc