Date:      Mon, 19 May 1997 08:29:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Steve <shovey@buffnet.net>
To:        Russ Panula <rpanula@dacmail.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: radius, usr total control and freebsd

> I've got a TCH talking to Livingston Radius 1.16 running on a FreeBSD
> box..  Old, but it works.
>
> I think all I did was add some values to the dictionary file.  It
> wasn't that hard...definately not as painful as this thread seems to
> make the box out to be.  I actually (gasp) sorta enjoy working with
> the box.
>
> ..Russ

My problem with the box was not the box - it was USR policies.  You buy a
box with X2.  You get a box without control software and without X2.  You
have to fill in an mail or fax a form and your invoice - assuming you can
push your vendor into cutting an invoice timely, then you have to dig thru
a maze of web pages to find a form to set up a web account, you then wait
days for an approval so that you can wade thru the web pages again, to put
in your information, to get the information you then need to wade thru
some more web pages, to generate a key to enable X2 on the box.  Then you
can fish around for the control software and download that.

So the problem is not the box - its the policy.