Date:      Thu, 16 Jul 1998 08:14:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
To:        Chris Csanady <cc@tarsier.ca.sandia.gov>
Cc:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Basic Question.

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Chris Csanady wrote:
> 	ftp.digital.com:/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware/v5.2/alphapc164*

Thanks for the Pointer.  I found the these files at that site:
	fwupdate.exe
	lx164_v5_1.exe
	lx164_v5_1.sys

I copied the fwupdate.exe to a dos disk, and ran the bios update from the
setup screen.

It asked for a "Options" disk, but I nothing I put in there seemed to make
any difference.

I typed 'list' and this is what comes up now:

       Current Version  Filename	 Update Version
  fsb      3.1 		fsb_fw		       3.1
  fw	   5.60         nt_fw		 Missing File

It appears that in my struggles I was able to get the 'fsb' updated to
version 3.1.  but the fw still eludes me.

any help and explainations would be appreciated.

Sorry to be such an Alpha newbie.

Christopher J. Coleman (whyareyou@lookingforme.com)
Computer Support Analyst I  (509)-762-6341
FreeBSD Book Project:  http://www.vmunix.com/fbsd-book/