Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 1997 00:32:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jonathan Fosburgh <jef53313@Bayou.UH.EDU>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2.5R hanging machine?

Ever since I first upgraded my system (486DX-2 66 MHz, 16 Meg RAM) to
2.2.5R it has periodically frozen. Specifically, it is not allowing input
from keyboard or mouse, the hard drive light ceases to do anything,
indicating to me that it is completely dead, leaving me with no option but
to reboot, and all the consequences of rebooting without a proper
shutdown.  I am going to try to upgrade to -STABLE, but I am short on disk
space, so I do not know if it is possible.  Does anyone know of something
that might be causing this? The logs seem to say nothing.

Jonathan Fosburgh, wotan@scientist.com , University of Houston Geophysics
http://www.geocities.com/vienna/1498

FreeBSD: Turning PCs into Workstations
http://www.freebsd.org
                     We shall not cease from exploration,
                And the end of our exploring shall be to arrive
            Where we started from, and know the place for the first time.
                       --T.S. Eliot, The Four Quartets