Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 1996 14:37:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sxt2.space.lockheed.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   /etc/localtime and screensaver?

For today's adventure I decided to try and get my time zone set up so I
don't have to fuss with it.  My version of tzsetup is still broken, so I
figured I would do this by hand.

I copied the appropriate timezone from /usr/share/zoneinfo to
/etc/localtime.

The screen went blank.  (I was in X.) I sat here, dumbfounded, waiting for
the system to reboot, but...nothing happend.  Out of habit, I grabbed the
mouse and the screen came back!  I had just turned on the screensaver
somehow.

Running a supped -current from about last Sunday:

FreeBSD handy.space.lockheed.com 2.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 2.2-CURRENT #0: Sun
Mar 24 12:37:22 1996
handy@handy.space.lockheed.com:/usr/2.2-CURRENT/src/sys/compile/LESPAUL
i386

Thought this might be interesting to someone.

Cheers,

Brian