Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:05:47 +0100
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, Noah@oopz.com
Subject:   Re: sendmail vacation

Noah Davidson wrote,

> [...] I have set the users shells to /sbin/nologin.
> [...] I have been using the vacation program in conjunction with
> the .forward files.  This causes a problem since the vacation
> program needs a valid shell.

It should not need it.

> [...] We are using sendmail 12.2.2

I can only tell for 8.12.2 :)

You shall set:
FEATURE(`smrsh')dnl

and create a link to the vacation program in /usr/libexec/sm.bin/
Or /usr/local/libexec/sm.bin/ if used from ports.

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]