Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 1997 14:55:26 +0100 (BST)
From:      Neil Smith <neil@fgate.flevel.co.uk>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   DMA timed out with Soundblaster Pro soundcard

Hi all.

I'm using FREEBSD 2.2.2 RELEASE.

I'm trying to get a Soundblaster Pro (8bit) soundcard working. When I cat
an .au file to /dev/audio, I get bursts of sample (sounding correct), with
1 second (approx) pauses in between. The bursts of sample only last
perhaps 0.2 seconds.

I get this error message:
Sound: DMA timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?

dmesg reports:
sb0 at 0x220 irq 7 drq 1 on isa
sb0: <SoundBlaster Pro 3.2>

(the soundcard is at factory default settings)

I've tried different irq's, drq's etc. using the user config, but exactly
the same thing happens.

I've also tried changing the kernel to set -DDSP_BUFFSIZE=16384 (as
recommended for the Pro soundcard), but to no avail.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Neil.

| From: Neil Smith <neil@flevel.co.uk>    |