Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 1997 22:04:32 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@tri-lakes.net>
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Making a release...

On 20-Oct-97 John Polstra wrote:
>The something bad you're remembering is probably if you try to set
>the tag to something else, like RELENG_2_2.  That will promptly
>delete your ports and docs, because they aren't tagged the same way
>as the main source tree.
>
>The "." tag is valid for all the collections that originally came
>out of the CVS repository.  So the question is:  Do you want to ...

Yup.. thats it.

>* Have the ports and docs in source form ==> keep the ``tag=.'', or
>
>* Have the ports and docs in CVS repository form ==> get rid of the
>  ``tag=.''.
>
>Note, if you do decide to get rid of the tag clause, you will probably
>want to also change your "prefix" setting to some other directory, so
>that your CVS files don't get mixed together with your old text-form
>sources.  The prefix for ports and docs should be the same one that
>you set for your "src-*" collections in CVS form.  The standard prefix
>is "/home/ncvs" but it doesn't really matter what you use.

Which would be better in this case?  The CVS repository for the ports and
docs isn't required for making the release, is it?  I'm rather short on
drive space anyway.  I hope I will still have enough to build the release
after the repository is on here.  What IS the size requirement for
making a 2.2.5 release, anyway?  The manual just says approximately 600MB,
but I'm hoping it could be less (I'll have to do some serious drive
cleanup).  All I really need is the FTP distribution.

--- Chris Dillon
--- cdillon@tri-lakes.net