Date:      Wed, 8 Feb 2017 18:30:03 +0100
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>
To:        Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl>, freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I'm experiencing g_vfs_done() error = 5 with more than one USB/HDD storage device on 11-STABLE when heavy writing.

On 02/08/17 18:18, Jakub Lach wrote:
> As of now, I'm rebuilding system with a GENERIC kernel, what
> should I do to provide as much as possible useful debug?
>
> I think the problem only manifested itself after I've switched to
> much faster internal SSD, that would explain why some mitigate
> it by throttling USB speed.

Hi,

Some suggestions:

1) UMASS has a set of debug knobs under hw.usb.umass.debug

2) Stress test a fresh disk, which you don't have any data on with
/usr/src/tools/tools/usbtest to ensure it is 100% compatible with FreeBSD.

3) usbdump can be used to capture the USB traffic and identify failing
commands.

--HPS