Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2018 14:23:15 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ingresso.co.uk>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        avg@freebsd.org, eric@vangyzen.net, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd@hda3.com, truckman@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Ryzen issues on FreeBSD ? (with sort of workaround)

On 05/07/2018 11:47, Konstantin Belousov wrote:
> Why do you state that they are saved/restored ?  What is the evidence ?

https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2009/06/25/virtualization-and-performance-understanding-vm-exits

specificly...

3) "Save MSRs in the VM-exit MSR-store area."

and

5) "Load MSRs from the VM-exit MSR-load area."

but maybe thats not actyually true, I assumed it was given its an Intel
document, but admittedly its not an actual specification.

> On VM the patch should be NOP, testing it is a waste of time IMO.

OK, will ignore that then. I am running the new patch on my workstation
now - I still need the old patch for the other files, yes ?

-pete.