Date:      Mon, 12 Dec 2016 20:24:58 +0100
From:      Mark Martinec <Mark.Martinec+freebsd@ijs.si>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is System V IPC namespace still shared across jails?

Regarding installation of PostgreSQL in a FreeBSD jail, the web hold
plenty of
warnings/advice that each postgres instance should have a unique UID,
otherwise
they stumble across each other's feet:

| allow.sysvipc
|   A process within the jail has access to System V IPC primitives. In
the
| current jail implementation, System V primitives share a single
namespace
| across the host and jail environments, meaning that processes within a
jail
| would be able to communicate with (and potentially interfere with)
processes
| outside of the jail, and in other jails.

Is this still the case in FreeBSD 11.0 ???

I remember hearing rumors that the System V namespace
no longer is (will?) be shared across jails.
(Couldn't find it being mentioned in release notes.)

   Mark