Date:      Wed, 17 May 2023 08:00:43 -0400
From:      Steven Friedrich <freebsdlouisville@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   State of virtualization on FreeBSD

I am new to virtualization on FreeBSD and trying to figure out the best
solution for my use case.

I am running a workstation and hoping to ditch multi-booting several
partitions of FreeBSD, Linux Minst, KDE Neon, etc.

I only have a single hard drive (6TB), so root-on-zfs is ok, though I am
perplexed by zfs complexity.  I have no intention of offering commercial
virtualization.  I just want to audit OSes.

I have watched P03A: Xen HVMlite and FreeBSD - Roger Pau Monné on
YouTube, but I have a hard time viewing and hearing the presentation.
Is there a written version of this presentation with slides available?

There has been a lot of development of virtualization since this
presentation.  Are there newer presentations of each virtualization
solution?

Why would I choose bhyve over Xen?