Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:59:01 +0000
From:      Ben Haysom <ben.haysom@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   unclean reboot during portupgrade

hi

I have a problem with 5.3 FreeBSD on my Duron 700 mhz 512 Mb ram 200 gig HD.

It currently reboots itself (without shutting down) before finishing a
portupgrade -a.

I was advised to test the memory and CPU (which I did using memtest
and cpuburn - couldn't use memtest86 coz my floppy drive is busted)
and they both seem fine. memtest did seem to struggle at the start.

Next I've gone for fsck - seemed fine once it had fixed the errors
(various switches -f and -y) but I'm not 100% sure of this.

Any advice?

Ben.