Date:      Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:09:25 +0200
From:      Frank Altpeter <frank.altpeter@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: long flight; need battery power!

2005/8/26, Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>:
> In September, I'll have a couple of long flights.  I'll be using my
> IBM ThinkPad T41 to catch up on some long delayed FreshPorts
> enhancements.  Apart from charging whenever I can, I'm afraid I'll
> get only about 140-150 minutes from my battery.
>=20
> Apart from buying a second battery, any ideas?

I recently installed sysutils/est and sysutils/estctrl (Enhanced
Speedstep Technology, kernel module and daemon) and it brought me
about 45 minutes more battery power.
Perhaps it's worth a try, if you don't already use it.

--=20
Le deagh dh=F9raghd,

        Frank Altpeter

Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and Unix.
I don't think that this is a coincidence.
        -- Anonymous