Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2023 16:51:02 -0700
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: huge amount laundry memory not being cleaned up

On 7/10/23 4:26 PM, Pete Wright wrote:

> i'm doing a build world now since i'll need to reboot this box anyway,
> just to get everything up to date.  interestingly enough i'm still
> pegged at 14G of laundry memory, and my 2G swap is %100 utilized.  once
> the build world completes i'll do a double check and see if i can find
> any large consumers of resident memory which may lead me in the right
> direction.

so...build world competed, and after quitting my kde5 session all of the
laundry got free'd up right away.  i suspect either firefox/chrome
didn't exit cleanly, or there was something funky going on with kde.

sorry for the noise folks, this is almost certainly an issue with my
local env.  this is helpful for me, as i'll have a better idea as to
where i should focus my efforts trying to find this memory hog next time.

-p

--
Pete Wright
pete@nomadlogic.org