Date:      Tue, 26 May 2009 16:44:23 +0200
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about iSCSI

--------------enig47199D2AED4B58E86DA949EA

Francisco Cabrita wrote:

> Avoiding iSCSI it's a nice possibility but, on this new scenario the vo=
lumes
> are exported to both w2k PDC and w2k BDC. My client relies upon a very
> granular permission scheme. I don't know if I can handle this without a=
 NTFS
> volume. (If I'm not wrong, we can't format a NTFS partition under FreeB=
SD)

No, and it wouldn't be of any use to you since Samba would still see it
as a POSIX file system.

OTOH, Samba has some rudimentary support for ACLs (it's a built-time
option) and UFS2 has ACL support by default, though it needs to be
enabled in fstab (see mount(8)), so depending on how convoluted are your
requirements, it might or might not work.

See for example: http://aisalen.wordpress.com/2007/08/10/acls-on-samba/