Date:      19 Dec 2002 14:17:59 -0800
From:      Max Okumoto <okumoto@ucsd.edu>
To:        libh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   What are are you devel on?

What are peoples build enviornments for libh?

Right now I am on the follownig:
        OS                      FreeBSD4.7
        compiler                gcc2.95.4
        libs:
                qt2-static (gcc2.95.4)
                qt23 (gcc2.95.4)
                tvision-0.8 (gcc2.95.4)

        alt setup on same machine (build in subdir of my libh directory)
                qt2-static (gcc32)
                qt23 (gcc32)
                tvision-0.8 (gcc32)

I have compiled gcc32 and have built the other libraries, but
have run into problems with conflicts

        qt30 can not build with qt23 installed
        (Note: qt30 in ports only builds a share library)

        tvision-0.8 does not compile with gcc32.
        (Note; I have a patch for this... but I have not done
         extensive tests with it yet.)

Are we planning on going to qt30 and how are we going to handle the
share vs static linking issue?

Do we want our own copy of tvision until I can find who maintains the
ports version.  Or are we planing on moving to rhtvision?  Do we
want to GPL libh?

So what are you guys using/not using?

                        Max Okumoto

with "unsubscribe freebsd-libh" in the body of the message