Date:      Wed, 23 Mar 2011 10:48:58 -0000
From:      "Peter Jeffery" <peterj@mister-j.dyndns.org>
To:        "Henk van Oers" <henk@signature.nl>, "Zhihao Yuan" <lichray@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADS UP] Ports Infrastructure Changes

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 07:26:45 -0000, Zhihao Yuan <lichray@gmail.com> wrot=
e:

> On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Henk van Oers <henk@signature.nl> wro=
te:

>> From: Pav Lucistnik <pav@freebsd.org>
>>
>> Matthias Andree p=ED=B9e v so 19. 03. 2011 v 09:52 +0100:
>> [...]
W,

>>> Basically, everything that serves network is "server" and everything=

>>> that generates pages on these servers is "webapp".
>>
>> So: why is p5-Mojolicious in webapp, it serves network (main  =

>> deployment).
>> And it's a client too...
>
> Not just p5-Mojolicious. Many webapps can be web servers, like Flask.
> Even some unrelated packages can be www servers, like python, with
> SimpleHTTPServer. And some www-clients can also be www-servers. For
> example, opera. It's a client, server, email client, HTML-editor. You
> can't just *separate* things into clients, servers, apps, and misc.

I would say that although it is correct to say that something like Opera=

is all of those things you should think about the main way in which the
application is perceived.

If I was looking for the Opera port, I'd look in www-clients and if it  =

wasn't
in there then the next thing that I would be doing is hand searching the=
  =

file, because I'd have no idea where else it might be.

I shouldn't need to know its full in depth feature set just so that I ca=
n  =

find it
to install it.