Date:      21 Apr 1998 19:56:52 +0200
From:      dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling Coidan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= )
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        lrios <lrios@ziplink.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Free BSD and Windows

Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au> writes:
> > Is there a way to boot windows (on a seperate disk) from FreeBSD's
> > booteasy??  It seems to recognize the 2nd disk but will not boot from it.
> > Any help would be appreciated....
> MS-DOS does not support being booted from anything other than BIOS disk
> 0x80 (the first disk in the system).

It will (should) work if BootEasy sets DX to the number of the drive
DOS is being booted from (0x81 in this case). I wrote an OS loader
once which could boot DOS from arbitrary drives, I'll see if I can dig
up the code. Modifying the DOS boot sector should not be necessary.

--
Noone else has a .sig like this one.