Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 2003 16:30:17 +0200
From:      des@ofug.org (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        Anti <fearow@attbi.com>
Cc:        l.ertl@univie.ac.at
Subject:   Re: vinum performance

Anti <fearow@attbi.com> writes:
> try benchmarking ccd as well to see how it compares? and try some big str=
ipe
> sizes (4093, 8191, 12281)?

I believe Greg showed in his USENIX paper on Vinum that large stripe
sizes aren't preferable to small ones.  I may misremember though.

ccd isn't very interesting, its performance should be just slightly
worse than single disk case.  What would be interesting though would
be to compare Vinum with ATA RAID (see the 'create' command in the
atacontrol man page)

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@ofug.org