Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 17:10:15 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        faber@ISI.EDU (Ted Faber)
Cc:        perlsta@cs.sunyit.edu, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recovering Lost Inode?

> >(maybe i've used win95 once too many...)
>
> I won't bore you with the short scripts that provide this behavior on
> UNIX.  If that's the file deletion paradigm that you like, it's easy
> to do...
>
> "UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because
>  that would also stop you from doing clever things." -- Doug Gwyn

I'll note that these methods are generally restricted to interactive
shells, and are not effective for deletes under programmatic control.
So these methods are probably *not* what he wants, and certainly not
what his system administrator wants.

is not activated by a command line delete (unless you happen to have
a VXD that traps deletes everywhere *but* the Recycle bin, and you
probably don't because Artisoft never released the code).  So it's
doubly unlikely that he was talking about command-line based deletes,
since Windows 95 doesn't do that.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---