Date:      Fri, 2 Oct 1998 21:33:28 -0500
From:      Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG

This afternoon I had the most pleasant of surprises.  I was in the
bookstore at The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee to pick up a text for
a class that I'm taking.  I wandered into the engineering book section and
there it was.  The Complete FreeBSD is being used as a text in a class on
software engineering.

Apparently they are using FreeBSD as a development platform.

It must be a bit of a rush to learn that half way around the globe
your book is being used as a text at a major university.  Congrats Greg,
and to the FreeBSD team.

Sorry to end on a down note, but can't help but wonder why it is not
also upstairs with the software competing with Linux.  WC has to get
their marketing act on the road and spread the gospel.

    --Frank

"At no time is the freedom of speech more precious then when a man hits
his thumb with a hammer."
   --Marshall Lumsden