Date:      Sat, 3 Apr 1999 14:18:24 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X problems using egcs as compiler

> I got everything setup to build the entire ports collection and
> sometime during the night the big IDE disk that I keep all the

I'm not sure the best way to approach this.  The specification file used
in the port is different from the one that will be in the base system.
(the on in the Port is more stock EGCS)  The base system will have many
more of our hacks.

So the fix we mentioned might not be needed with the base EGCS.  Maybe
you can just compile all the ports just to see where we stand.  I don't
expect *any* problems with ports that use the C compiler.  All the
problems I think we might have are C++ compiler issues.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)