Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 1999 15:48:15 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        Alan Weber <aaweber@austin.rr.com>
Cc:        advocacy@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Solutions Cookbook (proposal)

On 9 Apr 99, at 22:28, Alan Weber wrote:

> I have a suggestion for a new kind of document that would parallel the
> Handbook and FAQ. I am suggesting that a "COOKBOOK" be created with
> "RECIPES" for common FreeBSD applications. I am listing below some of the
> types of recipes that I am thinking of:

I think it's a great idea.  This would definitely serve a purpose and meet
a need.  Some of these setups seem to be FAQ.

[samples snipped]

IMHO, the two most common configurations I've seen asked for are a Dialup
Gateway and a CableModem Gateway.  We've all seen lots of messages about
those.

I can't comment on the complexities of implementing such a solution.  But
it sounds like you are proposing a "select and go" solution.  To me, it
looks like that shouldn't be too difficult.  It's merely automating the
steps listed in various documents.  Sounds like a plan.

--
Dan Langille
The FreeBSD Diary