Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2000 09:05:34 +0100 (CET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   dynamic lpr ?

Well, I'm still suffering from the loss of quality I'm experiencing
since the fixed IP address solution at our campus is down.

(BTW, Marc or Brian I believe were asking in a previous mail
 about ascend max and using a fixed address pool by
 shifting the range of the dynamically assigned addresses - I suggested this
 to the admins in the campus computing center as well and they
 refused because they were using RADIUS to maintain the 18,000 users
 and it was not possible for administrative overhead reasons).

When logging in over the fixed IP address solution I automatically
set PRINTER=<something> depending on the source from where I was logging in
so that I always could say lpr file...

Now, since my address changes dynamically, I'm thinking of a way
to establish a default printer dynamically. Anyone knowing a recipe
for this?