Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 2000 08:39:42 +0200
From:      Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Francisco Reyes <fjrm@yahoo.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: www.tucows.com messed up with BSD link

In <200008072337.QAA07470@usr06.primenet.com>, Terry Lambert wrote:

> > Alas, Borland has been more guilty than most of jumping
> > on bandwagons and ignoring better opportunities. That's why
> > they devoted all of their resources to Windows, and nearly
> > lost the entire company by doing so.

Exactly.  Imagine where they could have been by now if they put up the
90ties equivalent to Turbo Pascal for Linux and SunOS in 1995 or 1996.
A save, approachable language, Modula-3 maybe, a simple but effective
development environment, maybe even tty- based and some kind of stupid
GUI library, extensible by the userbase.

> I remember when I found a grevious bug in their C library,

printf around %.2f, maybe?

Martin
--
Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org> http://www.cons.org/cracauer/