Date:      Sat, 2 Dec 1995 01:40:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Increasing size of shared memory segmenty

On Wed, 29 Nov 1995, Terry Lambert wrote:

> 32M is smaller than the overall limit, (36 bits?  39 bits?) so you should
> be safe, though if you have several of these, you will probably start
> having problems.

    Okay... I gather I need to bump up SHMMAX (max. segment size) as
well as SHMALL (max. total size of all segments?).  I'm running a
2.1.0-RELEASE kernel with these settings:

shminfo:
	shmmax: 16777216	(max shared memory segment size)
	shmmin:       1	(min shared memory segment size)
	shmmni:      32	(max number of shared memory identifiers)
	shmseg:       8	(max shared memory segments per process)
	shmall:    4096	(max amount of shared memory in pages)

    Seems to be working okay so far, although I still can't load those
nice 1536x1024 (or larger) PhotoCD pictures into gimp... :(
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org)
Systems Administrator, Internex Online Inc.