Date:      Sun, 7 Jul 1996 23:55:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        MichaelGoe@aol.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need help with PAS 16

On Fri, 5 Jul 1996 MichaelGoe@aol.com wrote:

> I cannot get FreeBSD 2.1 to recognize my sound card.
>
> I have these in the config.sys
> controller snd0
> device pas0 at isa? port 0x388 irq 10 confilicts drq 6 vector pasintr
> device sb0 at isa? prot 0x220 irq 5 conflicts drq 1 vectro sbintr
> devise opl0 at isa? port 0x388 conflicts
> options EXCLUDE_SBPRO
> options "SBC_IRQ=5"
>
> I added the conflicts foor the pas0 becuase I have a Mitsumi CD-rom on IRQ
> 10.  As a mounted drive the cd-rom works fine.  During boot-up, it does
> recognize my sound card, however; using cdplayer it tells me that the device
> is not configured, and with xcd it I get a broken pipe error.

'confilicts' is misspelled, it should be 'conflicts'.   I have a feeling
you typed that or else config would have never run :-)

You don't need to conflict sb0, it looks clear from here.  And really,
you don't need to conflict stuff unless it is having a real problem on
boot.  What that does (I THINK) is that if the first device probes then
the second device is skipped.  Try taking them off and see what you get.

With the cdplayer stuff, those are set up to deal with SCSI CDROMs, and
the ioctl's on the other drive types are not compatible.  I guess
"xcdplayer" works ok, I don't know if that is different from cdplayer.