Date:      Wed, 3 Feb 1999 11:44:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Nowlin <mike@viewsnet.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3.0-STABLE & Rocketport

Just installed 3.0-STABLE on a VESA 486 machine with hopes of getting my
ISA Rocketport (16) card flying a little better than it did with 2.2.8.
After messing with it a bit, it's working, but...

Seems there is some problem with #ifdef's or something in the rocketport
driver -- if I don't define the pci0 bus in the config file, the kernel
compile dies with a unresolved "pci_map_port" or some other such "*pci*"
unresolved sym.  (Don't have my notes right here, so I can't remember
exactly what the error is.)

After creating the pci0 dev in the config file, everything seems to work
fine now, but I now have PCI support on a machine with no PCI bus --
unnecessary.

Bug?  Feature?  Oversight?

--Mike

(BTW: exactly the same problem with both 2.2.8 and 3.0)