Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 1996 11:43:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mkisofs struggles

Hey Folks,

New problem in the CD-writing business.  I've got a machine running
9606[mumble]-Current, and I'm jamming up on a problem not with the CDR but
with mkisofs.  Straight from the guy who is doing the actual work:

"...I'mhaving a new problem now that won't go away.  I'm getting an error
in mkisofs.  I've commented everything else out of the script and am just
running mkisofs just as you had it in the original (which is still in your
home directory - I've been editing a copy).  The mkisofs line is
(patience- i'm typing from memory till the network is back to flare...)

mkisofs -d -a -N -l -R -T -v -a "This is a Test" -P "written by SG" \
 -o /stage/cdrom.iso /stage/guimond/CD_IMAGE

...The error we get:

mkisofs v1.04
assertion "extra == 0" failed: file [yadda/yadda/yadda/]mkisofs.c line 346
 abort - core dumped

so I'm unable to get this iso file made.  I think I saw this problem last
night, thought it was something in the script, changed the script
(correctly - some file names and quotes and stuff needed correcting) and
then it ran.  I.E. we seem to have an intermittent error - but I've not
been able to get mkisofs to run all day now.

I've run mkisofs barebones, with few flags and just running on my little
home directory, and got a different assertion error (on a _different_
conditional just a few lines away in the C code)...."

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Brian