Date:      Sun, 2 Aug 2009 22:42:28 +0200
From:      Clement Laforet <sheepkiller@cultdeadsheep.org>
To:        SimosNap Administrator <admin@simosnap.org>
Cc:        apache@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: www/apache22

--eAbsdosE1cNLO4uF

Hi,
On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 12:51:22AM +0200, SimosNap Administrator wrote:
> I'm using WITH_MPM=3Ditk option  but every portupgrade i need to recompil=
e=20
> adding this option by hand.

WITH_MPM, dispite its name, was originally designed to live in /etc/make.co=
nf and
to solve 2 problems:
1. expose to whole ports tree which MPM is currently in use when ${APACHE_M=
PM}
   can't be retrieved
2. ease of integration of custom MPM (just copy the patch in files/
   directory and define WITH_MPM, or create a slave port).

I know, apache stuff is a bit complex and was designed to fit my needs:=20
- apache HTTPd "flavours" =3D=3D slave ports
- want to add a new mpm ? -> slave port

(That's the real reason we have APACHE_PORT variable)

I plead guilty: I should have made a slave port for mpm-itk.

> Why not adding this option to the make menu config ?
I never think about this. Exposing MPMs to OPTIONS framework is, to me, a=
=20
PITA.

> Why not apache22=20
> does not matain old compile option ?

AFAIK, no port relies on installed version. It would be a giant=20
mistake to do this.

> Is very annoing this .

We'll think about it but, since I usually put WITH_MPM=3DXXX in=20
/etc/make.conf or pkgtools.conf, I was never concerned about this issue.

thanks,
clem

--eAbsdosE1cNLO4uF

--eAbsdosE1cNLO4uF--