Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2018 18:27:53 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FCP-0101: Deprecating most 10/100 Ethernet drivers

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arch/2018-October/019167.html

talks about removing 10Mbit/100Mbit ethernet drivers. This is not an
objection to the proposal, just an FYI.

As I remember all the PowerMac/PowerBook/iMac/iBook G3's did not have 1GBit
Ethernet built-in: just 10Mbit and 100Mbit. Also the earliest G4's did not
(e.g., AGP's and 350 MHz PCI), including the PowerPC Mac-mini's. (All the
G5's had 1Gbit Ethernet as I remember.)

I'm not sure which FreeBSD drivers covered the various examples of
lacking 1Gbit Ethernet. The proposal may be eliminating built-in-ethernet
support for (some of) the oldest of the Apple PowerPC machines for all I
know.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com