Date:      Sat, 13 Feb 1999 09:37:00 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD mention in LWN interview with A.C.

If we wanted to use a commercial solution then the choice would be
more than clear - Perforce!  Our CVS repository meister(s) like it a
lot and one can get copies of the perforce server for FreeBSD at the
low low price of $1 (perforce's generous way of giving something back
to the FreeBSD community).

However, we don't want to use a commercial solution for lots of
various reasons, not least of which the fact that we have one hell of
a lot invested in CVS.  Our CVS web stuff, the CTM delta generator,
the ubiquitous CVSup program, all would have to be substantially
redesigned for a new SCM tool and that would be a lot of work.

- Jordan