Date:      Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:30:07 GMT
From:      Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/94635: snapinfo(8)/libufs only works for disk-backed filesystems

The following reply was made to PR bin/94635; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, ceri@submonkey.net
Subject: Re: bin/94635: snapinfo(8)/libufs only works for disk-backed
 filesystems
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:18:03 +0000

 Rev 1.16 of src/lib/libufs/type.c and rev 1.2 of
 src/usr.sbin/snapinfo/snapinfo.c fixed the error where libufs was
 getting confused when a filesystem was manually mounted.  I attemped to
 replicate the issue on 7-STABLE with a swap-backed md filesystem and it
 correctly reported when snapshots were present or not, including when I
 created a file with the same inode number as a snapshot on another
 filesystem.   It looks like the fixes were only committed to 7.x and
 -CURRENT and were never MFC'd to 6.x.

 --
 Bruce