Date:      Thu, 9 Dec 2004 14:00:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tuc at Beach House <tuc@tucs-beachin-obx-house.com>
To:        maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net (Maksim Yevmenkin)
Cc:        Tuc at Beach House <tuc@ttsg.com>
Subject:   Re: sdpcontrol issues (LONG)

> yep, thanks. thats it. here is the response to your 'search opush' command.
>
> 1102617014.728752 > ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 56
>      L2CAP(d): cid 0x5c len 52 [psm 1]
>          SDP SSA Rsp: tid 0x0 len 0x2f
>            cnt 0x2c
>            srv rec #0
>              aid 0x0000 (SrvRecHndl)
>                 uint 0x10001
>              aid 0x0001 (SrvClassIDList)
>                 < uuid-16 0x1105 (OBEXObjPush) >
>              aid 0x0004 (ProtocolDescList)
>                 < < uuid-16 0x0100 (L2CAP) > <
>                 uuid-16 0x0003 (RFCOMM) uint 0x1 > <
>                 uuid-16 0x0008 (OBEX) > >
>
>            cont 00
>
> i noticed that you also did 'browse' but you got nothing, right?

	Right, but atleast it didn't input/output error.

> that's
> normal, as long as you are not getting any errors from sdpcontrol(8). i
> will commit a bit different patch (to libsdp(3)) that will work around
> this problem. for now please undo all the changes to the sdpcontrol(8).
> i will send you libsdp(3) patch to apply in separate email.

	Great, thanks.

> sigh.. some smartphones are not so smart after all :(

	I think they threw in BT to make people happy. There is known issues
of items they TRIED to implement, didn't get to work, so put it out
anyway.

> > 	One thing that has happened is after doing some of these I've had
> > random full lockups of the Treo.
>
> i'd say this has nothing to do with this. all we are doing is opening
> bluetooth connection and sending some data. this should not cause any
> lockups on any side. if it does then i'd say its treo's fault.

	Yea, just wondering if we are some how tickling an issue in their
implementation.

		Thanks, Tuc