Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 16:38:12 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Lee Crites (AEI)" <leec@adam.adonai.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCO (was Re: hi terry)

> But the industry is changing quite rapidly.  I believe we need to
> step back and see where it is going and make some strategic
> decisions about where we want to see FreeBSD go.  We have
> stability and security pretty well taken care of.  I'm seeing
> some positive comments about smp in 3.0.  But we might want to
> see about clustering and some fault-tolerant extensions.  If we

Heh.  I think we first mentioned clustering as something on FreeBSD's
wishlist as early as 1995 or so.  The problem here is not in finding
enough people to say "yeah, clustering is cool!", the problem here is
in finding people to say "clustering is cool, please check out my
FreeBSD implementation!" :-(

					Jordan