Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:33:50 +0100
From:      Thomas Vogt <turbo23@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   p2p traffic

Hello

I'm thinking about the p2p network problem. P2p creates a lot of
traffic. I don't care if my backbone is full but not only with p2p
traffic. Atm I do some queueing with dummynet for the well known p2p
ports. But this looks not sufficient. Is there another, perhaps better
solution to decrease the p2p traffic? Blocking is no alternative.
Another problem is that new p2p clients uses port 80. So it's very
difficult to reconize the p2p traffic.

regards
Thomas Vogt